Billing Specialists are responsible for the daily operational management of insurance and client payments, inclusive of posting EOB’s, working with insurance and providers to accurately submit and process claims, and ensuring appropriate CPT codes are utilized in all services. In addition, billers will work with clients to establish sliding fee payment plans and promptly respond to any billing related questions or concerns. A Billing Specialist is responsible for tracking claims, managing insurance pre-authorization, and overseeing payments and collections.
- START DATE: Immediately
- APPLICATION DUE DATE: Open until filled but preference given to those received by Friday, January 29, 2021
- STATUS: Full-Time
- LOCATION: Bozeman, MT
- DIRECT REPORTS: None
- DEPARTMENT: Billing
- REPORTS TO: Office Manager
Billing Specialists Responsibilities
- Accurately submit insurance claims in a timely manner.
- Post insurance EOB’s and client payments to appropriate dates of service and manage the payment status in the EHR;
- Engage clients directly regarding payment plans, self-pay rates, and sliding fee agreements, managing these processes and verifying and updating financial demographics as needed;
- Track client financial balances and support the Billing Supervisor in generating invoices and statements, as well as collecting and managing financial demographics with the highest level of accuracy and confidentiality;
- Ensure timeliness of payment by following up with clients and insurance providers, identifying reasons for denial, and working to resolve outstanding claims;
- Stay up to date on CPT codes, reporting requirements for different services the organization provides, and demonstrate proficiency in utilizing billing software to accurately manage sensitive data and orchestrate all aspects of the billing process with the aim of improved revenue;
- Act as a community liaison when needed and represent the goals and values of the organization to local boards, governance, businesses, and relevant entities;
- Subject to additional organizational and governance duties dependent upon organization needs.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive wage based on experience plus a generous benefit package including:
- 6 paid holidays when the office is closed, plus others at the discretion of Management
- 80 hours per year paid time off, plus vacation time after one year service
- Health, dental, vision, and Aflac options with employer contribution
- Company-owned laptop provided
How Can I Apply?
To apply please remit your cover letter and resume to Susan Lang, Human Resource Director.